ISO 27001 Certified Lead Auditor™
Building upon the foundation understanding of the ISO 31000 and 27005 risk management frameworks, and the ISO 27001 framework validated by the Certified Internal Controls Architect credential, the ISO 27001 Lead Auditor certification by CIS further certifies your ability to audit the formal structure, governance, and policy of an ISO 27001 conforming Information Security Management System (ISMS). Furthermore, the ISO 27001 Lead Auditor certification ensures that you are qualified to assure strategic objectives according to core ISO 27001, 27002, 27003, and 27005 best practices.
This professional certification is applicable to those needing to conduct internal or external audits of a risk management system supporting an ISMS, or how to manage an ISO 27001 ISMS audit program. This is the only ISO 27001 Lead Auditor training and professional examination program to incorporate ISO's 27007 standard as core content within its program. Building upon the foundation understanding of the ISO 27005 risk management framework and ISO 27001 framework validated by the Certified Internal Controls Architect credential , the IRMCB ISO 27001 Lead Auditor certification tests and certifies participants' ability to audit the formal structure, governance, and policy of an ISO 27001 conforming Information Security Management System (ISMS). Furthermore, the ISO 27001 Lead Auditor certification ensures that participants are qualified to assure strategic objectives according to core ISO 27001, 27002, 27003, and 27005 best practices.
Upon completion of this training and certificate program, participants will:
- be equipped with knowledge and skills required to perform audits of Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) against the ISMS standards;
- be able to expand participants' auditing competency;
- be able to increase participants' credibility through gaining international recognition; and
- be able to improve particpants' résumé/CV and help to increase participants' earning potential.
Getting certified is easy, and can be accomplished completely online. The ISO 27001 Lead Auditor™ certification is available to qualified candidates who:
- Are a member of the IRMCB Body of Professionals in good standing. If you are not already an associate member of the IRMCB Body of Professionals, you must first become a member to pursue the ISO 27001 Lead Auditor credential.
- Attend the required IRMCB approved curriculum course, live or online, via an IRMCB Authorized Training and Education Center. Prerequisite training for CICA certification eligibility includes completion of all of the following:
- Policy Workshop: ISO 31000 Enterprise Risk Management
- Policy workshop: ISO 27001 Information Security Management
- ISO 27001 Lead Auditor
- Pass the ISO 27001 Lead Auditor exams. For ISO 27001 Lead Auditor certification by IRMCB, candidates must pass IRMCB exams RM101, ISMS101, ISMS102, and ISMS103. IRMCB exams are administered on-line. Your exam results are provided automatically upon completion of your exam.
- Gain the required experience. ISO 27001 Lead Auditor certification requires at least two years of related qualified experience.
- Submit your professional endorsements. Official endorsement forms are available for download from IRMCB or from IRMCB Authorized Training and Ecucation Centers that are approved to proctor examinations. Your completed application and documentation can be mailed, transmitted by facsimile, or e-mailed to:
ATTN: Certification Department
3780 Ashford Creek Avenue NE
Atlanta, GA USA
Fax: +1(786) 522-9063
- Gain final approval from the certification committee and become certified by IRMCB.
You will officially become certified once your exam and credentials are approved by the certification committee. Your certification kit will be mailed to the address you provided for your membership account. Those who have attained an IRMCB credential will be invoiced for certification renewal upon annual membership renewal.
Getting IRMCB standardized training and taking certification exams
IRMCB courses are delivered by Authorized Training and Education Centers (ATECs) in standardized live and online formats. Select ATECs are also authorized to proctor exams and issue certificates.
|Authorized Training and Education Center
||Authorized for Live Instructor-Led Training
||Authorized for Web-Based Training
||Authorized exam center
|Certified Information Security