ISO 22301 Certified Business Continuity Strategist™
ISO 22301 CBCS is an executive business continuity governance certification appropriate for all members of the BCMS or ISMS committee. This certification maps to the strategy competence requirements of ISO 22301. ISO Standard 22301 advocates that the business process of business continuity and disaster recovery management should begin with the development of a clear continuity strategy establishing what the organization needs to accomplish with its BCM program based upon thorough risk analysis and evaluation by the proper risk decision-makers within the organization. Building upon the foundation understanding of the ISO 31000 risk management framework validated by the Certified Internal Controls Risk Analyst credential, the IRMCB Certified Business Continuity Strategist (CBCS) certification validates your ability to develop the formal structure, governance, and policy of the Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) using the framework presented in ISO 22301. Furthermore the CBCS certification ensures that you are qualified to develop strategic objectives including, but not limited to:
- Determining and guiding the selection of alternative business recovery operating strategies for continuation of business within recovery time and/or recovery point objectives, while maintaining the organization's critical functions.
- Delivering solutions for continuation of business within the recovery time and/or recovery point objectives, whilst maintaining the organization's critical functions.
- Developing, coordinating, evaluating and creating plans and procedures to communicate with internal stakeholders during incidents.
- The provision of post-incident support and guidance for employees and their families.
Getting Certified as a ISO 22301 CBCS™
Getting certified is easy, and can be accomplished completely online. The ISO 22301 CBCS™ certification is available to qualified candidates who:
- Attend the required IRMCB approved curriculum course, live or online, via an IRMCB Authorized Training and Education Center. Prerequisite training for CBCS certification eligibility includes:
- Policy Workshop: ISO 31000 Enterprise Risk Management
- Policy workshop: ISO 22301 Business Continuity Management
- Pass the CBCS exams. For CBCS certification by IRMCB, candidates must pass IRMCB exams RM101 and BCMS101. IRMCB exams are administered on-line. Your exam results are provided automatically upon completion of your exam.
- CBCS is an entry-level credential and has no experience requirements.
- Submit your professional endorsements. Official endorsement forms are available for download from IRMCB or from IRMCB Authorized Training and Ecucation Centers that are approved to proctor examinations. Your completed application and documentation can be mailed, transmitted by facsimile, or e-mailed to:
ATTN: Certification Department
3780 Ashford Creek Avenue NE
Atlanta, GA 30319 USA
Fax: +1(786) 522-9063
- Gain final approval from the IRMCB certification committee and become certified by IRMCB.
You will officially become certified once your exam and credentials are approved by the certification committee. Your certification kit will be mailed to the address you provided for your membership account. Those who have attained an IRMCB credential will be invoiced for certification renewal upon annual membership renewal.
Getting IRMCB standardized training and taking certification exams
IRMCB courses are delivered by Authorized Training and Education Centers (ATECs) in standardized live and online formats. Select ATECs are also authorized to proctor exams and issue certificates.
|Authorized Training and Education Center
||Authorized for Live Instructor-Led Training
||Authorized for Web-Based Training
||Authorized exam center
|Certified Information Security