The tactics that support the ISO 22301 Business Continuity Management strategy
Developing and Implementing a business continuity management Response
- Developing, coordinating, evaluating and creating plans and procedures to communicate with internal stakeholders during incidents.
- The provision of post-incident support and guidance for employees and their families.
Developing and implementing emergency response procedures for responding to and stabilizing the situation following an incident or event.
- Establishing and managing an Emergency Operations Centre to be used as a command centre during the emergency.
Practical experience in handling incidents/emergencies.
- Develop Incident response procedures to fulfill Business Continuity Management objectives.
- Designing, developing and implementing business continuity and incident management plans that provide continuity within recovery time and/or recovery point objectives.
Exercising, Maintenance and Review
- Pre-planning and coordinating plan walk-throughs/exercises.
- Evaluating, updating, improving and documenting the results of exercises.
- Developing processes to maintain the currency of continuity capabilities, business continuity and incident management plans in accordance with the organization's strategic direction.
- Establishing appropriate policies and procedures for coordinating incidents, continuity and restoration activities with external agencies whilst ensuring compliance with applicable statutes and/or regulations.
Practical experience in dealing with external agencies.
Embedding Business Continuity Management within the Organization's Culture
- Preparing a program to create and maintain corporate awareness and enhance the skills required to develop and implement the business continuity management program or process and its supporting activities.
Certifying Your Organization's Business Continuity Management System to ISO 22301
- The certification process
- Preparing for the certification audit